When Karen’s service dog Flea became ill and stopped eating, she knew she would do whatever it took to get him the treatment he needed. Flea was always there for her in time of crisis, and now she was determined to do the same for him.
For Rachael, Marty, and their beloved pit bull Riddick, what started as a cross-country trip turned into an amazing journey of survival and reconnection — thanks to your support and the kindness of some empathetic strangers.
In some cases, a special donation is needed to save an animal’s life. This is when we call upon our On-Call Angels.
When Nike, a one-year-old pit bull, swallowed a foreign object and needed urgent surgery to resection his intestines, his family was heartbroken. They didn’t have the funds to pay in full for the procedure, and they couldn’t imagine life without him.
Of the many dangers pets face in violent homes, veterinary neglect is a common yet rarely highlighted reality. Abusers often maintain strict control over the household budget and won't allow their victims to spend money on either routine or emergency veterinary care. As a result, many of the animals we help to board through our Safe Escape grant program are in need of veterinary care.
We cherish our pets because they give us unconditional love and acceptance, but did you know they also come with health benefits for both adults and children? Here are some healthy reasons to be thankful for our pets.
Andy is a beloved indoor cat who, one day when his owner Amy wasn't looking, snuck outside and had an accident. When Amy finally found him, his jaw was obviously injured and and he was bleeding. Andy's family immediately took the injured cat to the ER vet and found out that Andy’s jaw was broken in two places, and that without surgery, he would not be able to eat.
Each week here at RedRover, we receive requests for help for pets of people facing domestic violence. The RedRover Safe Escape program provides financial assistance to place pets in a safe enviornment, such as a boarding facility, while their family resides safely at a domestic violence shelter.
We received this letter from a family violence advocate, telling the story of Elizabeth* and her pets. Elizabeth and her family wouldn't be safe and sound today without your support – thank you!
When we leave our pets unattended at home, we may not realize the potential dangers posed by our household items and appliances. A gas leak, dryer malfunction or frayed wire could mean serious harm, or even death for your pet.