RedRover is committed to your right to privacy and to keeping your personal information private and secure. This policy sets out how we handle your personal information and it applies to redrover.org, safeplaceforpets.org, and specific communications sent out by our organization (collectively termed “Sites”).
The terms ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our organization’ and ‘RedRover’ refer to United Animal Nations DBA RedRover because we own the Sites.
Who We Are
United Animal Nations DBA RedRover is a non-profit organization based in the United States. Our headquarters is located at 3800 J Street, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95816.
How to Contact Us
The types of personal information we collect
We collect certain personal information about donors / members, volunteers and anyone completing an online form on the Sites.
The most common information we collect includes usernames, names (first and last), email addresses, other contact details (addresses, phone numbers), payment and transaction details (where applicable), IP addresses and web analytics data.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Sites (anonymous IP Addresses and Web Analytics only), or when you use services associated with the Sites.
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us by donating to the organization, becoming a member, becoming a volunteer, purchasing products, subscribe to a newsletter or any other communication, complete a survey, submit feedback, or complete any online form contained in the Sites.
Personal information we collect about you from others
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect personal information about you from other sources including financial and/or transaction details from payment providers located in the US in order to process a transaction.
How we use personal information
We will use your personal information
1. To complete a financial transaction for donating to the organization, becoming a member or purchasing products from our Sites.
2. Where you give us consent to provide you with ‘marketing’ information about donating to the organization, becoming a member, general news and items of interest to our constituents, member communications, and volunteer communications.
When we disclose your personal information
We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
1. Service providers in the United States retained by us to process financial transactions on our behalf;
2. Service providers in the United States retained by us to send electronic communications to persons that have provided consent to receive them;
3. Service providers in the United States retained by us to manage physical mailings to persons that have provided consent to receive them or subscribers to our magazines;
4. If required, our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.) which located in the United States;
5. Regulators and government authorities about our compliance procedures and obligations;
6. A third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
7. A third party, to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputation risks;
8. A rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
9. Other recipients where we are required by law to do so.
How you can access your personal information
Donors / Members and Volunteers can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. To make an access or correction request, contact our privacy champion using the contact details at the beginning of this policy.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
Cookies and web analytics
When you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. The kinds of information gathered include:
1. IP address;
2. Domain name you requested;
3. the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
4. the date and time of your visit to the website;
5. the length of your session;
6. the pages which you have accessed;
7. the number of times you access our site within any month;
8. the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
9. the website which referred you to our Sites; and
10. the browser used to access our Sites.
How long we keep your personal information
RedRover uses generally accepted, industry-standard security systems, software and SSL encryption technologies to protect against unauthorized access to RedRover servers, equipment, and other components of our online presence. This includes using industry-standard security systems to protect credit card processing information, including Classy (https://www.classy.org/). The companies that we use to maintain our database of donor, supporter and email subscriber information are considered industry leaders and employ the most technologically advanced and sound security practices (https://www.salesforce.com/). RedRover limits internal access to donor, supporter and email subscriber information to staff members who require access for job function.
When we need to update this policy
We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.