Kind News™ magazine is an eight-page publication that helps children understand and respect animals and think about why treating animals and people with kindness matters. The magazine encourages both empathy and critical thinking in children by celebrating the human-animal bond and helps motivate children to take action to improve the lives of animals. Kind News uses engaging articles and short features to emphasize issues affecting animals and provide tips for understanding animal behavior and caring for pets. Its appealing design and interactive content help enhance children’s enjoyment of reading, as well as spark critical thinking and thoughtful discussion.
Kind News is aligned with national teaching standards and can be easily integrated into school curriculum. The magazine is currently available in three reading levels: Primary (grades K-2), Junior (grades 3-4) and Senior (grades 5-6). Beginning in January of 2018, it will be available in two levels: Kind News™, Jr. (grades K-2) and Kind News™ (grades 3-6). Kind News can be ordered for an individual child (individual home subscription) or for a classroom. Also, starting in 2018, there will be five issues throughout the school year for both home and classroom subscriptions.
Kind News is produced and sent out to subscribers every two months September through May.
Kind News Delivery Schedule
Delivery Date Range
September 5-8, 2017
November 6-10, 2017
January 15-19, 2017
March/ April 2018
March 26-30, 2018
May 21-25, 2018
Please note that delivery dates may vary slightly.
In 2016, RedRover Relief Urgent Care issued 498 grants totaling $124,144. RedRover Relief Safe Escape issued $60,874 in grants to help 127 animals with 3775 nights of safe boarding. RedRover Relief Safe Housing helped 12 domestic violence shelters across the country with $70,417 to build co-sheltering spaces so that people and their pets can stay safe together. RedRover depends upon on donations from kind supporters to run the RedRover Relief program.
Kind News Subscription Schedule Issue We must have your order with payment by: August/September 2017 Deadline has already past October/November 2017 Deadline has already past January/February 2017-18 November 16, 2017 March/April 2018 January 17, 2018 May/June 2018 March 16, 2018 Please note that if you are subscribing or renewing a subscription to Kind News and your check arrives after the cutoff date, there may be a delay or interruption in service.
A bundle of one level (28 copies and a teacher’s guide) of each issue of Kind News, which arrives every two months five times throughout the school year beginning with the August/September issue.
A classroom subscription is $30 and it includes five (5) bimonthly bundles of one reading level of Kind News. Each bundle contains 28 copies and a teacher’s guide.
This message indicates that you have entered information in the application in an incorrect format or that the application is missing required information. The message will point out the field or fields in need of correction.
It is also possible that the page as timed out, so you may need to refresh the page and fill the application out again. We suggest that you copy the longer, typed-out answers to separate document before refreshing so that you will not have to re-type them.
We are unable to provide specific referrals to veterinary clinics. We encourage you to contact local animal shelters and rescue organizations for leads to low-cost clinics and/or help with fundraising. Petfinder.com has a comprehensive list of rescue organizations from all over the country. Visit Petfinder.com and click on “Animal Shelters” at the top of the page.
Some clinics may offer free office exams for first-time customers; check online or your phonebook for coupons and ads. Visit veterinarians.com for a directory of vet offices.
We are not able to customize the number of issues each classroom receives. If you need more copies, you will need to order another subscription. Some subscribers share extras with another teacher or school librarian.
- Discuss with your veterinarian the minimum treatment needed to save your animal’s life.
- Ask other area clinics how much they normally charge for a similar treatment. Costs can vary widely from clinic to clinic. Visit veterinarians.com for a directory of vet clinics.
- Apply for CareCredit, a credit card specifically for healthcare expenses.
- Contact local animal shelters and rescue organizations for leads to low-cost clinics and/or help with fundraising. Petfinder.com has a comprehensive list of rescue organizations from all over the country. Visit Petfinder.com and click on “Animal Shelters” at the top of the page.
- Ask for loans from your family and friends.
- If the animal is a purebred, contact that breed’s enthusiast club in your area.
See our fundraising ideas for more suggestions.
Yes, to place an order or renew 1-49 classroom subscriptions, please visit http://pubservice.com/kindnews/classroom to complete the form or call 1-877-902-9757 (toll free) or 818-487-2097 (local or international).
Yes, we can consider any treatment done on or after the day an application is submitted. Please do not delay treatment because you are waiting for our response. Due to the high volume of applications, priority goes to situations where a grant will make the difference between an animal receiving treatment and not.
Please call 916-241-3513 or email email@example.com.
The program only accepts requests for help through our online application. If you do not have Internet access, you can:
- ask a family member, friend or neighbor for help
- ask your veterinary clinic to submit on your behalf
- go to a library with free Internet access
You do not need ongoing Internet access to apply.
- Since a year-long classroom subscription to Kind News is only $30.00, you could fund your classroom for one school year by requesting that each student bring in a small amount at the beginning of the year. For example, if you have a class with 30 students, you could ask that each student brings in $1.00.
- Why not get your students directly involved by having a class bake sale, car wash or other fun activity that reaches your community? You may even be able to raise the money for your subscription by holding just one of these events.
- Request to speak at your next meeting for your school’s PTO, PTA or parent organization to ask the organization to consider funding the magazine for your classroom or even your entire grade level. Be sure to explain that Kind News not only teaches students why treating people and animals with kindness matters, but can also be integrated into many subject areas to enhance students’ reading levels and knowledge of content-focused subjects such as Science.
You can expect to receive a response via e-mail or phone within one to two business days of submitting your application. Often, but not always, we can respond within the same business day the application was submitted. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time.
Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe senders” or “friends” e-mail list to ensure our response is not diverted to your spam folder. If you do not hear from us within two business days, please contact us to check the status of your application.
Kind News is consistently praised by teachers as an excellent supplementary resource that requires little or no prep.
Kind News is aligned with National Education Standards and can be integrated smoothly into subjects like math, science and language arts.
- Sorry, no FAQs found. Please try a different filter or search term.