Additional Resources for Individuals and Organizations
Directory of grant and loan programs and fundraising tools for individuals and organizations
In addition to the services that RedRover provides directly, we have compiled a comprehensive directory of organizations in the United States and Canada that can provide financial assistance with veterinary care.
Below is a list of grant programs for 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations with specific needs for animals.
In addition to the services that RedRover provides directly, we have also compiled a comprehensive directory of organizations in the United States and Canada that can provide financial assistance with veterinary care.
Below is a list of grant programs for 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations with specific needs for animals. This information is provided as a courtesy only. RedRover does not suggest that these referrals will be able to help with your specific situation. Please check the websites listed for eligibility requirements prior to contacting them.
This information is provided as a courtesy only. RedRover does not suggest that these referrals will be able to help with your specific situation. Please check the websites listed for eligibility requirements prior to contacting them.
Assistance for Individuals
Financial Assistance Programs
This directory is provided as an informational resource. RedRover cannot guarantee that any of the organizations listed will be able to help in your specific situation. Listing does not imply endorsement of the clinic or program by RedRover. Veterinary clinics are listed only if they have an emergency fund.
Please contact us if you know of an organization to add to this directory:
- State programs - Find other resources in your state.
- National programs - Find programs that help nationally.
- Condition-specific programs - Find programs that help with specific conditions, such as cancer and thyroid disease.
- Breed-specific programs - For dogs.
- Assistance with routine pet care and other needs - Ex. food, spay/neuter, vaccinations, transportation.
- Resources for horses
Fundraising Tools, Tips, and Resources
Often, pet caregivers must combine their own efforts and resources with available grants to cover the complete cost of treatment.
Kathi, a Good Samaritan, reached out to RedRover Relief for help with a dog named Ringo. Because of RedRover’s suggestions including the links above, she did not need our grant after all and she was able to raise more than $2,000 to fund Ringo’s veterinary care. She later wrote:
“I cannot thank you enough for your help so far. I am overjoyed from the kindness of others…and it is a great feeling! Your advice and direction is what got things rolling.”
Assistance for Organizations
- ASPCA Grants – Grant opportunities for animal welfare organizations from ASPCA.
- American Humane Association: Meacham Foundation Memorial and Second Chance Grants – For animal shelter expansion and improvements, as well as helping with individual abuse or neglect cases.
- Banfield Foundation - Grants for animal organizations for veterinary medical equipment, funds and supplies for veterinary care clinics, and funds for disaster relief during disasters. Grants for domestic violence or animals organizations for veterinary care, temporary boarding, behavior training and funding of dedicated animal care positions in support of pets of domestic violence survivors.
- The Binky Foundation - “First Steps” grant is to provide initial financial support to new nonprofit animal organizations.
- The Grey Muzzle Organization - For shelters and rescues to help at-risk, senior dogs.
- Hugs and Kisses Animal Fund - Grants for nonprofit, all volunteer, animal welfare organizations.
- Maddie’s Fund - Funding innovative solutions and creative thinking through inclusive and community-centric programs and projects for animal welfare.
- PACC 911 - Funds for veterinary care of rescued animals. Must be a partner of the Phoenix Animal Care Coalition 911.
- Paws for Love Foundation - Resources and funding for shelters, rescue groups, and individuals dedicated to improving the health, welfare, and adoptability of unwanted and abused animals.
- Petco Foundation – Grants for animal sheltering and adoption organizations, spay and neuter providers, service and therapy animal organizations and pet cancer research and assistance.
- Petfinder Foundation Grants - For animal shelters and rescues impacted by a recent disaster as well grants for shelters to improve the quality of life for animals in their care.
- PetSmart Charities of Canada - Grants to help with pet adoption; grants to keep families together and pets from being surrendered due to domestic violence, homelessness, medical emergency or military deployment; grants to help under-served communities with basic pet care; and many more.
- Purina® Shelter Champions - Funds for nonprofit animal organizations for capacity building, capital improvements, and program and spay/neuter funding.
- Rescue Bank - Pet food distribution program.
- Rescue Rebuild - GreaterGood.org's shelter renovation program that renovates animal shelters to be able to accept pets of domestic violence survivors.
- 1-800-PetMeds - Primary focus is organizing donations of over-the-counter medications and products to animal shelters and rescues located in the U.S. Rescue groups can apply to be considered for donations once each year.
Developing a fundraising plan
Please visit the following web resources for training and idea-sharing forums to develop a fundraising plan for your organization:
The following resources may also be of assistance to your animal shelter or rescue group:
- Grant Gopher - Both free and paid accounts to help find grants for nonprofit organizations, as well as articles on fundraising and other topics.
The following programs may be of assistance to veterinarians: