Self-paced, three-week course. Learn how to use the question strategies and discussion techniques in the RedRover Readers curriculum to maximize the development of empathy skills and more.
Open to all educators. Upon completion of the course, participants gain access to resources and curriculum to implement the RedRover Readers program in their school or community.
Our online course is open to teams of teachers who would like to attend the RedRover Readers workshop together.
The registration fee for the online course is $79 per educator. The next online course will begin March 19, 2019. Private sessions are available for whole schools.
Unique benefits of the workshop
$79 per person
1 Teacher attending
$69 per person
2-9 Teachers attending from the same site
$59 per person
10-15 Teachers from the same site attending at the same time
$49 per person
16-30 Teachers from the same site attending at the same time
The workshop is an engaging, five-hour session that helps educators develop reasoning, decision-making, and empathetic thinking skills in their students. We work with your professional development coordinator to design the workshop experience that is best for your teachers, including arranging Continuing Education Credits.
At the conclusion of the training, educators will be able to:
- Increase student engagement and pro-social skills
- Understand Social and Emotional Learning components and how these, as well as Common Core standards, link to RedRover Readers curriculum
- Use specific question strategies to elicit independent thinking and promote empathy
- Expand conversation and facilitate discussions
- Demonstrate genuine interest in student responses and model effective communication skills
- Recognize stories as useful tools in developing moral reasoning and empathy for others
- Be more familiar with students’ emotional reactions and attitudes about animals
- Access and implement the RedRover Readers curriculum
Students practice the following skills in the RedRover Readers program:
- Perspective-taking, self-awareness and social-awareness
- Listening, critical thinking and responsible decision-making
- Comprehension and building connections with peers and classroom teacher
Professional development workshops range in price from $79-$1,470 not including travel.
Email our Education Department at Readers@redrover.org to request a RedRover Readers professional development workshop for your school or school district.
This was the best workshop I’ve ever taken! – I mean it. It was thoughtful, informative and inspiring.Maggie Amiano - Former Teacher and RedRover Readers Trained Humane Educator