Sign up for this Week's Reading
Sign up for one of this week’s pre-scheduled virtual readings!
Request a Private Reading
Would your class, camp, or club like an interactive, virtual reading experience? Sign up below to request a private reading!
How does it work?
RedRover Readers is piloting a unique, interactive, virtual reading experience for K-6 students using Zoom! RedRover staff will read one of our animal-themed, illustrated stories and engage kids in discussion about animal body language, animal/human emotions, and friendship between people and animals. After the reading, we reinforce concepts from the story with an extension activity and animal meet and greet.
Along with our pre-scheduled weekly readings, we are offering private readings for camps, classrooms, and clubs!
How do we ensure privacy/safety while using Zoom?
When hosting our readings on Zoom, ask for parental consent for children to participate in these meetings and take the following precautions:
- Each meeting has a unique link that is secured with a unique password
- Participants are placed in a waiting room before being allowed in. Only those who have pre-registered are allowed in to the meetings.
- Participant audio/video is defaulted to off (though they can turn on with parent permission if they feel comfortable)
- Moderating: We have at least two adults moderating each reading, with the ability to disable audio/video from participants or remove them from the meeting
- Screensharing and annotating is turned off for participants
- Meetings are not captured or recorded
For more tips on Zoom security, view Zoom’s article here.