How does it work?
RedRover Readers is piloting a unique, interactive, virtual reading experience for K-6 students using Zoom! RedRover staff will read one of our animal-themed, illustrated stories and engage kids in discussion about animal body language, animal/human emotions, and friendship between people and animals. After the reading, we reinforce concepts from the story with an extension activity and animal meet and greet.
We are currently offering private readings for camps, classrooms, and clubs! Sign up below to request a private reading!
How do we ensure privacy/safety while using Zoom?
When hosting our readings on Zoom, ask for parental consent for children to participate in these meetings and take the following precautions:
- Each meeting has a unique link that is secured with a unique password
- Participants are placed in a waiting room before being allowed in. Only those who have pre-registered are allowed in to the meetings.
- Participant audio/video is defaulted to off (though they can turn on with parent permission if they feel comfortable)
- Moderating: We have at least two adults moderating each reading, with the ability to disable audio/video from participants or remove them from the meeting
- Screensharing and annotating is turned off for participants
- Meetings are not captured or recorded
For more tips on Zoom security, view Zoom’s article here.