We understand staying home with children due to the unexpected school closures presents unique challenges. RedRover Readers put together a list of free resources for parents looking for engaging, at-home activities to do with their children, as well as educators who are recommending resources to their remote students.
- NEW: Download the September/October 2020 issue of Kind News magazine for free!
- NEW: Check out our new Kind News magazine website, with lesson plans and free games for kids!
- Sign for RedRover’s Virtual Reading Series for kids to participate in the RedRover Readers program virtually, or request a reading for your class, camp, or club!
- Listen to and view a reading from the RedRover Readers program book Buddy Unchained.
- Read and play the built-in games on The Restricted Adventures of Raja empathy app! The three apps are a graphic novel series that can help kids learn empathy. Book 1 and Book 2 are free to download.
- Watch the RedRover Reporters YouTube channel for fun videos about animals, made by kids!
- Use the Guide to Reading to Build Empathy to help guide discussions while reading at home.
- Check out RedRover’s animal-themed Coloring Pages & Activities.
- Use our animal-themed lesson plans to teach important topics like perspective-taking and understanding animal behavior.
- Read a book from our Recommended Books with Humane Themes book list.
- Visit our page, “Ways Kids Can Get Involved with Animals” and encourage kids to join RedRover’s Junior Advisory Board to help create a kinder world for animals!
- Make these fun crafts together:
- Learn additional creative ways for kids to engage with humane themes at home:
RedRover offers these resources and more to help kids develop empathy skills and strengthen the human-animal bond in our future generations.
A journey of kindness: How one little organization is making a big difference
Humane Hero Rashad Evans on youth activism
Five Animal-Themed Books to Celebrate Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Behind the Scenes, RedRover Readers
Leading with Empathy: Behind the Scenes with Tara