RedRover is building empathy for pets with our new app! Find out more here.
We provide financial assistance, resources and emotional support to pet guardians struggling with economic hardship when pets are in life-threatening situations.
RedRover Relief Urgent Care grants provide:
- Financial assistance grants so pet caregivers can care for animals who need urgent veterinary care
- An easy online application and quick approval process
- Resources for pet caregivers struggling with economic hardship
- Resources for victims of domestic violence
Download RedRover’s flier on basic grant eligibility guidelines to share this information.
The goal of the program is to help animals who need immediate veterinary care to survive. The typical grant is $150 to $200, and is intended to fill a small gap in funding that is keeping an animal from care. Decisions are based upon several factors, including: medical urgency, financial need, available funding, and eligibility. Due to the overwhelming number of applications we receive, we cannot help everyone.
Once an application has been submitted, you can expect to receive a response by email or phone within one to two business days.
* Please note that while the RedRover Relief Urgent Care grant application is set up to be accessible from a phone web browser, phone users will sometimes have difficulty submitting the application. The best way to submit the application is from a computer.
If an animal is in need of immediate care, where any delay will put the animal at risk, it is the owner's responsibility and duty to seek care for the animal immediately. There is no guarantee that the RedRover Relief Urgent Care grant program will be able to provide financial assistance.
Three step application process:
1. Read the eligibility guidelines on this page.
2. Complete the Pre-Application Questions to make sure that the help that is needed meets the RedRover Relief Urgent Care grant guidelines.
3. If the Pre-Application Question guidelines are met, complete the RedRover Relief Urgent Care grant application.
- The applicant must be seeking assistance for one animal with a life-threatening injury or illness that requires urgent and specific treatment.
- Have already received a diagnosis and treatment plan from a veterinarian. RedRover cannot pay for office exams or diagnostic testing.
- Treatment must have a good or favorable outcome.
- Proof of income must be provided upon request.
- The animal must be spayed or neutered (if the animal is not already spayed/neutered, please include plans for having this done when submitting the application).
- The applicant must attempt to find funding through their own means, personal contacts, and other assistance programs. See our suggestions for fundraising.
- Both the applicant and the animal must live in the United States.
- If a grant is awarded, the grant recipient must be willing to provide updates and photos to RedRover.
Before submitting an application, please be sure that the veterinary office understands that the applicant is seeking financial assistance. The veterinary office must be willing to speak with a case manager from RedRover, and to provide RedRover with an itemized estimate upon request.
RedRover cannot help if any of the following apply:
- Treatment has been completed.
- A RedRover Relief Urgent Care grant has already been awarded to this applicant, household, or animal.
The animal's medical needs are for:
* ongoing conditions or treatments (such as diabetes or chemotherapy)
* testing or diagnostic work (such as X-rays, MRI, or blood work)
* routine care (such as spay/neuter, vaccinations, or annual exams)
Read the above eligibility guidelines carefully before continuing to the next step.