RedRover is greatly concerned for people and animals during this COVID-19 crisis. We are currently assessing what is needed and will continue to provide updates with resources and information. Our program services and staff are available via email and voicemail, and we will do our best to respond as soon as possible.
Here are some resources for helping people and pets during the novel coronavirus pandemic.
Know of a resource to add to this list? Email us!
Resources for pet owners
- RedRover Relief: Financial assistance grants for emergency veterinary care. Applications accepted online.
If you or someone you know needs help taking care of an animal because of virus-related hospitalization or quarantine, RedRover is in the process of creating a new assistance program to cover the cost of temporary boarding for people suffering from COVID-19 who require hospitalization. In the meantime, we recommend you reach out to local animal shelters and rescue groups to find resources and support available in your area.
If you have animal-related issues or questions, or need animal care or foster, follow your local animal shelter or humane society on social media, call them with questions, and/or check their websites for updates.
Rest assured, pet food companies are considered essential services, and they continue to produce food — so there is plenty for everyone. If you or someone you know cannot afford to purchase pet food, please contact a pet food pantry near you or visit the link below for more guidance.
Educational resources for kids
- If you are home with kids, check out our free Empathy Resources for At-Home Learning and share with parents and educators.
Emergency plan for pets
- Download our COVID-19 Preparedness for Pets PDF
Other preparedness resources
How to help
If you are in a position to help, we recommend reaching out to your local animal shelter to see if they need foster homes for their animals.
We anticipate a significant increase in people in crisis reaching out to us for help, and we understand that some donors may have to pause their support. Please consider making a donation to RedRover to help people and pets in crisis, particularly those who lives have been impacted by COVID-19. Give today at RedRover.org/donate.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for updates.
- Consider checking in with neighbors to stay connected and check if they or their pets are in need. Keep in touch via phone, email or through apps like Nextdoor.com. You can also make Kindness Pet Cards to help isolated pet owners in your community.
(Last updated 3/25/20 12:00 pm Pacific)