July 26th, 2013
We all work hard to give our pets the best lives possible. We give them great food, fun toys, loads of attention, and try to keep them safe from harm. However, keeping them safe isn’t always easy as we’d like. Whether it’s darting out the front door or eating something that they shouldn’t, our pets can be great at getting into trouble.
Take for example Polly, an adorable puppy, who found the sweet smell and taste of Gorilla Glue too tempting to ignore. Due to the nature of this product, even a small amount can cause a big problem if ingested. Polly had found a container accidentally left in the yard by a workman and was able to eat quite a bit before her owner could intervene. She rushed Polly to the vet as quickly as possible. Polly was able to have surgery to remove the Gorilla Glue from her stomach with help from a RedRover Relief financial assistance grant. She’s recovered now and doing great! We got this note from Polly when she got home:
Thank you for saving my life and helping me with my surgery after I ate Gorilla Glue. I was sure I wouldn’t have a chance to see my first birthday. I’m glad my mommy came across your organization. I had my surgery and have made a full recovery! I am back to normal running around playing with my family. Thank you, RedRover, for saving my life!
The Preventive Vet has created a video to show why Gorgilla Glue ingestion is a serious and common dog emergency:
Read the article on The Preventive Vet
Be sure to read labels and keep dangerous substances away from your pets, and away from other’s pets as well. Our furry family members explore the world with their senses, and they don’t understand that even though something may taste good, it can be dangerous.
For the animals,
RedRover Relief case manager