“Kids’ connections with pets are often the first relationships in their lives they have any control over.”
– Nicole Forsyth, RedRover President and CEO
- Fostering strong bonds between kids and pets provides kids a solid foundation with which to practice and build positive relationship skills and empathy.
- Kids find it safer and easier to talk about relationships with animals than people.
- Even when kids do not have pets in the home, they love learning and talking about animals. The power of the program comes from observing positive relationships in stories, talking about key elements of good relationships and imagining positive friendships they could have in their own lives.
- A stronger understanding about animals, better bonds with animals and a more empathetic society also improves pet care and behavior in homes and reduces animal cruelty and neglect.