The RedRover Responders volunteer corps are the backbone of our efforts to provide lifesaving care and sheltering for animal victims of natural disasters, puppy mills, hoarding and other cases of cruelty and neglect. We welcome volunteers at all levels of experience, from a casual pet-lover to an experienced rescuer or animal care professional.
Become a RedRover Responders volunteer in three easy steps:
Step 1: Register below and complete the online training. This is a self-paced free training and will take about 2-3 hours to complete.
Step 2: Complete the FEMA course IS-100c, an introduction to the Incident Command System. This is also a self-paced and free course, and must be completed prior to your first deployment with RedRover
Step 3: Once you complete the online training you will receive a welcome email within 30 days with further details
The online training covers:
– Introduction to RedRover and the different programs and services offered
– The different types of situations that RedRover deploys to
– What it is like to deploy with RedRover, and what to expect before, during, and after a deployment
– Introduce you to key concepts like standard operation guidelines
– Help guide pre-deployment decision-making
What our volunteers say:
“I absolutely love deploying for RedRover. You can actually feel the relief and relaxation of the animals as they are spoken to and cared for with love. And to be surrounded by people who share similar feelings is unspeakable! I have never worked so hard and felt so much emotional satisfaction as I have on RedRover deployments! Love it!”
–RedRover Responders volunteer, Oakland canine influenza outbreak 2019