Urgent Care grants
The RedRover Relief Urgent Care grant program provides financial assistance, resources, and emotional support for pet guardians struggling with economic hardship when pets are in life-threatening situations.
The average grant is around $250, and is intended to fill a small gap in funding that is keeping an animal from care.
Steps to Apply
Read the eligibility guidelines below to make sure the situation meets our grant guidelines.
Are you eligible?
All of the following must apply:
If an animal is in need of immediate care, where any delay will put the animal at risk, it is the owner's responsibility to seek care for the animal immediately. There is no guarantee that the Urgent Care grant program will be able to provide financial assistance.
- You must be seeking assistance for one animal with a life-threatening injury or illness that requires urgent and specific treatment.
- Must have a current diagnosis and treatment plan from a veterinarian. RedRover cannot pay for office exams or testing.
- Treatment must have a good or favorable outcome.
- Household income cannot exceed $60,000 per year
- Both the applicant and the animal must live in the United States.
- If a grant is awarded, the grant recipient must be willing to provide updates and photos to RedRover. Pictures may be shared with our supporters in print and online. Upon request, we are happy to change identifying information.
After submitting an application, please notify the veterinary office that you are seeking financial assistance and give them permission to release information to RedRover.
RedRover cannot help if any of the following apply:
- The animal has received most or all of their treatment.
- An Urgent Care grant has already been awarded to you or your household for this, or any other, animal.
- The animal’s needs are for:
- ongoing conditions or treatments (such as chemotherapy/radiation, special diets, Cushing's)
- testing or diagnostic work (such as X-rays, MRI, or blood work)
- routine care (such as non-emergency spay/neuter, vaccinations, or annual exams)
- a follow-up visit after main treatment is done
Our business hours are 8:30 - 4:30 Pacific time, Monday - Friday. Applications submitted outside of these hours will be reviewed by our case managers as soon as possible the next business day. We review applications in the order they are received, and a reply can take 1-2 business days. Calls from RedRover will be from a 916 area code.
Cookies must be enabled for the grant application forms to work. If cookies were declined you will likely receive a reCAPTCHA error when submitting the application, and will need to clear cookies and fill out the application again.
Check out our FAQs
Not eligible for RedRover Urgent Care funding?
If you are not eligible for a RedRover Urgent Care Grant, please read through our resources for suggestions on next steps.