Kimberly always knew that Oreo had a sweet tooth, and not just for sugary cookies. To Kimberly’s dismay, Oreo was the kind of cat who would occasionally get himself into trouble eating random bits of anything, including rubber bands, elastic ties and even tape. Kimberly was determined to keep their home free of anything dangerous Oreo could possibly ingest, but despite her diligence, Oreo ate a small item and quickly became terribly sick.
Kimberly rushed Oreo to the vet, where it was confirmed that he had an intestinal blockage and required emergency surgery. Desperate to help Oreo, Kimberly applied for a RedRover Relief grant. We were able to provide financial help so Oreo could receive the emergency surgery he needed to save his life.
Two weeks after his lifesaving surgery, Kimberly gave us an update on Oreo:
“It is two weeks since his surgery and he is doing fantastic. He is energetic, playful, loveable. All I could wish for! Thank you again for your help saving my fur baby!”
We’re happy to report that Oreo is home, happy and has a full belly of food (and only food)!