Below is a list of grant programs for 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations with specific needs for animals. This information is provided as a courtesy only. RedRover does not suggest that these referrals will be able to help with your specific situation. Please check the websites listed for eligibility requirements prior to contacting them.
- ASPCA – Anti-Cruelty Grant Program, Equine Fund, Emergency and Disaster Response Grants – Reach resource information via the “Grants” link.
- American Humane Association – Meacham Foundation Memorial Grant, Second Chance Grant – For animal shelters and rescue groups to help with disaster relief and to offset the cost of caring for animals in need.
- AKC Humane Fund For animal housing in domestic violence shelters, as well as temporary (or permanent) animal boarding through non profits that have working relationships with domestic violence shelters.
- Banfield Foundation Pet Advocacy Grants, Veterinary Assistance Grants, Veterinary Medical Equipment and Disaster Relief Grants
- The Binky Foundation
- The Grey Muzzle Organization For shelters and rescues to help at-risk, senior dogs.
- Hugs and Kisses Animal Fund
- Maddie’s Fund
- PACC 911 Must be a partner of the Phoenix Animal Care Coalition 911.
- Paws for Love Foundation
- Petco Foundation – Grants for animal sheltering and adoption organizations, spay and neuter providers, service and therapy animal organizations and pet cancer research and assistance.
- Petfinder.com Foundation Grants For animal shelters and rescues impacted by a recent disaster as well grants for shelters to improve the quality of life for animals in their care.
- PetSmart Charities of Canada Grants to help with pet adoption, grants to keep families together and pets from being surrendered due to domestic violence, homelessness, medical emergency or military deployment, grants to help under-served communities with basic pet care, and many more.
- Purina® Shelter Champions For shelters and rescue groups.
- Rescue Bank Pet Food Distribution Program
- 1-800-PetMeds Primary focus is organizing donations of over-the-counter medications and products to animal shelters and rescues located in the U.S. Rescue groups can apply to be considered for donations once each year.
Developing a fundraising plan
Please visit the following web resources for training and idea-sharing forums to develop a fundraising plan for your organization.
The following resources may also be of assistance to your animal shelter or rescue group.
- Grant Gopher Both free and paid accounts to help find grants for nonprofit organizations, as well as articles on fundraising and other topics.
The following programs may be of assistance to veterinarians.
- The Veterinary Care Foundation was created for the specific purpose of helping veterinary practices fund the discounted and no charge care they generously provide.
- The American Veterinary Charitable Fund is a not-for-profit organization created to support veterinary practices in their charitable work.