We understand staying home with children due to the unexpected school closures presents unique challenges. RedRover Readers put together a list of free resources for parents looking for engaging, at-home activities to do with their children, as well as educators who are recommending resources to their remote students.
- Listen to and view a reading from the RedRover Readers program book Buddy Unchained.
- Read and play the built-in games on The Restricted Adventures of Raja empathy app! The three apps are a graphic novel series that can help kids learn empathy. Book 1 and Book 2 are free to download.
- Download the current issue of Kind News magazine and teach children about animals.
- Watch the RedRover Reporters YouTube channel for fun videos about animals, made by kids!
- Use the Guide to Reading to Build Empathy to help guide discussions while reading at home.
- Check out RedRover’s animal-themed Coloring Pages & Activities.
- Use our animal-themed lesson plans to teach important topics like perspective-taking and understanding animal behavior.
- Read a book from our Recommended Books with Humane Themes book list.
- Visit our page, “Ways Kids Can Get Involved with Animals” and encourage kids to join RedRover’s Junior Advisory Board to help create a kinder world for animals!
- Make these fun crafts together:
- Learn additional creative ways for kids to engage with humane themes at home:
RedRover offers these resources and more to help kids develop empathy skills and strengthen the human-animal bond in our future generations.
RedRover's Empathy Resources for At-Home Learning
Meet Heidi: Writer, teacher and lifelong animal-advocate
Building empathy for animals...one child at a time
A Humane Education Program for Kids and Animals