Thank you for your interest in RedRover’s Board of Directors.
Since 1987, RedRover’s mission has been to bring animals out of crisis and strengthen the bond between people and animals through emergency sheltering, disaster relief services, financial assistance, and education. RedRover accomplishes its mission by engaging volunteers and supporters, collaborating with others, and maximizing the use of online technology.
If RedRover’s mission resonates with you, consider serving our community by joining RedRover’s Board of Directors!
RedRover is looking for board directors who have the following qualities:
- Passion, knowledge, and experience related to animal protection and/or welfare
- Enthusiastically dedicated to integrating social justice issues, such as anti-racism, into our animal welfare goals and mission
- Willingness to dedicate time and resources to the success of this organization
- Ability to help the organization make new connections and broaden its communities of practice through the lenses of both animal welfare and anti-racism
- Ability to cultivate relationships, provide stewardship, and solicit support for the organization
- Strong interpersonal, team-management, and communication skills; a bonus if a candidate is bi- or multi-lingual
- Can actively engage in and contribute to cross-cultural connections and collaborations
- Knowledge of anti-racism, anti-oppression, and equity, and experience encouraging safe(r), equitable spaces
- Able to share RedRover’s programs with your networks and express its values and brand attributes: Caring, Respected, Unwavering, Inspirational, Vigilant
- Demonstrated evidence of the following competencies: Leadership, Integrity, Reliability, Critical Thinking, Effective Communication Skills, Strategic Planning, and Professionalism
For further information or questions, contact Nicole Forsyth, President and CEO, at email@example.com.