Please note: For safety reasons, applications must be submitted by a case worker or domestic violence shelter representative.
If you are a victim of domestic violence and need immediate assistance:
- Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1.800.799.7233.
- View a directory of family violence shelters that have resources for pets: SafePlaceforPets.org
If you are domestic violence shelter:
- Download the Sheltering Animals & Families Together™ Start-Up Guide, which outlines how to transform your shelter to house family pets on-site.
- Download RedRover's flier on animals and domestic violence to share this information.
- See our resource page for additional resources.
The applicant/client must:
- Live in the United States and have plans to stay at a domestic violence shelter.
- For the safety of the client, applications must be submitted by a domestic violence shelter representative on behalf of the client.
The domestic violence advocate must:
- Sumbit an applicaiton on behalf of the client.
- Establish a plan for how the animal's needs can be met. For example, obtain a written estimate from a specific boarding kennel or veterinary clinic.
- Provide regular updates on the client's situation.
The animal(s) must:
- Be spayed/neutered (grant may include spay/neuter costs).
- Be a companion animal belonging to a victim of domestic violence.
The boarding facility or clinic must:
- Provide RedRover with a written estimate at RedRover's request.
- Accept a check from RedRover.
RedRover cannot help if any of the following apply:
- The boarding has already been completed and you need assistance paying the bill.
- The client is not staying at a domestic violence shelter.
- RedRover Relief's funding resources have been depleted.
How To Apply
Read the above purpose statement and eligibility requirements carefully before applying.
I have read and agree to the above eligibility requirements RedRover Relief Safe Escape Grant Application