Grants of up to $2,000 are offered throughout the United States, and are awarded on a monthly basis. Eligible organizations can receive one grant per rolling year. Grants are to be used solely for the purchase of pet food, cat litter and hay, except as specified below:
- Pre-existing pet food pantries may only apply for funds to purchase pet food, cat litter and/or hay.
- New pet food pantries may apply to use up to 50% of funds to go towards reasonable start-up related expenses such as; purchasing storage bins, securing rental space, or other costs directly associated with starting a pet food assistance program.
Please note that funding may not be used for any operating expenses, administrative costs, office supplies, marketing, fundraising, or for volunteer-related expenses.
Priority will be given to organizations with an operating budget of less than $2.5 million.
- Applicants must be recognized by the IRS as 501(c)(3) organization.
- Each organization must have a screening process in place to confirm they are providing assistance to those in need.
- Requested funds must be used for eligible expenses only, each organization will need to keep track of expenses and provide an end-of-year report to RedRover to detail grant expenses.
- Grant recipients must submit all reports on time in order to be considered for consecutive year funding requests.
- Applicants must be seeking funding for a community pet food pantry. We cannot accept requests for help feeding animals in shelters or foster care.
Additional Pet Food Resources
Pets of the Homeless Information on where to find food, supplies and shelter as well as other resources for pets of the homeless.
Other financial resources
Additional Financial Assistance Programs Take a look at RedRover’s list of additional financial resources, which includes resources for nonprofit organizations.