#SpreadKindNews Campaign Encourages Empathy Towards Animals
Sacramento, CA (April 9, 2019) – RedRover, a national animal welfare organization, is conducting a nationwide search for the kindest kid through the #SpreadKindNews contest. The winner will be named the “2020 Kind News Humane Hero!”
Now is the chance to submit inspiring stories of kids aged 5-17 years old who have done something kind for animals. Submission examples may include a special fundraiser for animals, a pet food drive, animal rescue, animal fostering and so many more.
RedRover President and CEO Nicole Forsyth said, “The #SpreadKindNews contest is intended to inspire more children to be kind and develop empathy towards animals and people. Learning empathy at an early age is vital and can prevent animal cruelty and neglect, as well as bullying in schools.”
Kind News Humane Hero prizes:
- All-expense paid trip for two to California’s capitol and RedRover’s headquarters
- Visit to RedRover’s office to meet office staff and pets and run RedRover for a day!
- Photo shoot where they will be featured on the cover and in the Humane Hero section of Kind News magazine
- New tablet loaded with social and emotional learning apps, including The Restricted Adventures of Raja book series!
- Pizza party for their class
Kind News Humane Hero nominator may also win these prizes:
- New tablet loaded with social and emotional learning apps, including The Restricted Adventures of Raja book series
- Kind News magazine subscriptions for every classroom at the elementary school of their choice
- Set of books from the RedRover Readers program or a gift card to Amazon.com
- One RedRover Readers professional development workshop for the school of choice
RedRover focuses on bringing animals out of crisis and strengthening the human-animal bond through emergency sheltering, disaster relief services, financial assistance and education. Through the innovative RedRover Readers program, children’s awareness of emotions and others’ perspectives expands, building understanding and connection. RedRover’s Kind News magazine was recently named a Parents’ Choice Approved Winner for 2019. To learn how RedRover is creating a more compassionate future visit www.RedRover.org.
916.429.2457 ext. 310